top of page
"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
STORY OF THE
This 6-story Chicago Italianate style building was originally used by the Parlin and Orendorff Implement Company, who sold agricultural implements. The building was the only one in the city with a cast iron facade. In 1928, Hall and Purse Co. became the main tenant, and the company later changes its name to the Purse & Company Wholesale Furniture.
The building, listed on the National Register, has been vacant since 1994. Dallas County was the last tenant, having bought the building in 1978.
bottom of page